Once again, another member of the Updenkelder family decides to jump on the "Blog-waggon". This blog was SUPPOSED to be more of a "photo-journalistic" approach to blogging, since I am very addicted to my Canon DSLR. However, it hasnt seen much use in recent months. Thanks for tuning in! :)

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Happiest Place on Earth!

Yeah so I know it has been a long while since I have updated this thing... but I have been extremely busy with work and life!

So this weekend was one of the best family vacations that I can remember. I left on Friday afternoon to fly to Orange County to spend the weekend at Disneyland! After a somewhat long flight, and a very long shuttle to the airport, we headed to the park! Since it was a Friday afternoon, there were very few people standing in line for the big rides. We (Mom, Dad and I) hit up the Materhorn, Big Thundermountain Railroad and a few others. Once the night winded down, we moved to the castle to watch the 50th anniversary fireworks. A splendid display of lights and sounds! At about 10pm, we headed back to the hotel... it was going to be a LONG Saturday!

Mom and I hit the park at 7am, busting down the doors with anticipation! A mad dash to Space Mountain where we practically WALKED on to the ride with no wait. After our heads stopped spinning, we headed for Star Tours... we were 2 of 4 people on the ride!

Right next to Star Tours is the new ride based on Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story. We had NO idea what to expect, but with no lines... may as well check it out! We boarded a small white and green space pod with 2 laser guns attached. It turns out the ride was a series of shooting galleries with a laser guided light gun. The ride kept your score and it was displayed on the readied board outside of the ride. It was worth a hoot, but not my favorite.

Around 9am, Mom and I met up with Dad and Jenni. We took a couple rides in Disneyland, got a quick order of McDonalds French fries (only in America.....) and headed over to the new park (California Adventure).

There we were met with the "grown up" rides. Hollywood Towers and Scream were my favorite, but there are too many details about the trip to write them all in the blog! Saturday night we traveled north to Sherman Oaks to have dinner with Seth's parents. We ate at a quaint Italian Food joint and enjoyed some of the best Pizza I have ever had.

Sunday was spent at ESPNzone watching my beloved NFL games. We enjoyed a couple beers, some good lunch and some good football. Then it was off to the airport :(

Once at the airport, I was so enthralled in the NFL game that I almost missed my flight. Its a good thing I overhead someone trying to pronounce my last name over the intercom :) I returned back to Portland around 7pm and struggled with the MAX to get home. An hour later (after a shuttle bus had to take me across the Steel bridge because of a "crack"), I arrived home and went straight to sleep. This is going to be a long week.....

1 Comments:

Blogger MomUp said...

amen

11:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home