Once again, another member of the Updenkelder family decides to jump on the "Blog-waggon". This blog was SUPPOSED to be more of a "photo-journalistic" approach to blogging, since I am very addicted to my Canon DSLR. However, it hasnt seen much use in recent months. Thanks for tuning in! :)

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Season Opener!

Yesterday officially kicked off the 2005/2006 Ski season at Mt. Hood Meadows (for me at least). We went on the PERFECT day... Friday showed little snow and a lot of ice. When we arrived to the mountain around 8:30, we were highly disappointed to see that the upper parking lot was ALREADY full. I pulled the Jeep around to the HRM lot and we were forced to take the shuttle bus to the lodge. Overall, this wasn't really a bad deal... we walked about 100 yards to the bus, and were dropped off about 10 feet from the front door...

All heads were down in silence, in awe of the white goodness we all know as FRESH POWDER! There was about 5" of new snow overnight, and I was ready to hit the slopes! After the short bus ride up to the lodge, we waited in a short line to pick up the other's season passes and hit the lift line. The lines were pretty packed at the main lift, but as we branched out to the sides, the lines cleared out.

I had a pretty rough first half of the day, spending most the time cleaning the snow off my sunglasses. 2 runs in, I said screw it and bought a new pair of goggles in the ski shop... A wise choice, as conditions continued to worsen at the top of the mountain until after lunch. At about noon, the four of us (Turner, Michael, Josh and I) headed down to the car for some lunch and a "pick me up". Peanut Butter & Mom's homemade jelly hit the spot! Not to mention a couple pulls of a bottle of Seagram's 7! Before we headed back up, I put a couple beers buried in the snow near the car, since I had neglected to bring Ice for the Ice Chest. (Thanks Dad!).

So we headed to the bus and as we boarded, we heard the bus driver radioing for security. Apparently a couple punk kids stole the bus driver's jacket as they left the bus. Turner and I offered out services, along with a couple other guys from the bus... and we marched right up to the kids that made off with the jacket... Turner did the talking and made it QUITE clear that it was either the Jacket...or one of their heads on a stick. Needless to say, we got the jacket back and headed back up to ski!

The afternoon was fun and all of us seemed to be getting better. Josh and Michael headed to the car early, while Turner and I hit one more run! Once we were all back in the car (seat heaters cranked), we headed back to P-town. Here is a picture of us before we took off... No mom... I didn't drink before I drove home!

At 9, a few friends and I headed to the comedy club for some free laughs. 11:30 rolled around and I was OUT! A long day of NFL tomorrow :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home