Once again, another member of the Updenkelder family decides to jump on the "Blog-waggon". This blog was SUPPOSED to be more of a "photo-journalistic" approach to blogging, since I am very addicted to my Canon DSLR. However, it hasnt seen much use in recent months. Thanks for tuning in! :)

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Birthday Weekend

So there was a great deal that happened over the past weekend, but I will do my best to summarize the haps...

Thursday night, I ended up going out and meeting up with about 10 of my friends for some drinks at Dixie. Needless to say, I got pretty toasted and ended up making a fool out of myself. Live and learn right? (Sorry Kiddo).

Friday was good times! I woke up at about 6am to head up to the mountain for another day of skiing. Again, the snow wasn't GREAT, but the skies were blue and the sun was warm. No complaints! However, as soon as I got home from the mountain it was time to head back to Newport. LONG day of driving.

Friday night, I hit the town (of Newport... lol) and hung out with some new and old faces. It was nice to get out, but Apollo's was a bit too Newport for my tastes... From Hot Tubs, to dive bars... at least Newport is relaxing :)

The rest of the weekend I did NOTHING! It was great! Mom and I went shopping for Thanksgiving (I am cooking and hosting this year), and then headed to Wal-Mart to plan this year's xmas tree! It should be a fun one :) Please note our newly purchased goods to the right!Watched the OSU vs. UO game on Saturday as well... Depressing.... Then watched a couple movies in the evening.

Sunday morning, mom and I went out for breakfast at a new place on the bay front. I think it's called Localocean or Local Ocean... something similar. It was pretty good! We were surprised at the fact that it was about 60 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. This is a view from our table... please ignore the fact that I am drinking a beer at 11am :)

It's time for a short work week and a long Thanksgiving weekend! I wonder how many days I can hit the slopes.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least you made a fool of yourself in front of someone who knows you better right???
-R

9:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home