Once again, another member of the Updenkelder family decides to jump on the "Blog-waggon". This blog was SUPPOSED to be more of a "photo-journalistic" approach to blogging, since I am very addicted to my Canon DSLR. However, it hasnt seen much use in recent months. Thanks for tuning in! :)

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Another weekend in the sun! (Too much)

Ok, so I decided that this weekend I would spend as much time in the sun as possible, so that I will not miss it when I am sitting at my desk (for the first time) tomorrow. Friday the wonderful Jess came up and we watched the opening of Willy Wonka at Lloyd Center (see below). Saturday, we went to the Saturday Market (imagine that... Saturday Market on a Saturday....) and browsed through all the fun little vendors. I was impressed... we managed to only purchase one thing between the two of us! After we completed our wondering in the Market, I decided to drive her out to see my new office (pictures of the office to come tomorrow!). The carpet was laid on Thursday, so it almost looks like a livable space now!

ANYWAYS... while we were in Lake Oswego, we happened upon the Lake Oswego farmers market! Since I had spent the last weekend mingling with the granola's at the country fair, I thought it only necessary to introduce Jess to the Yuppy crowd (that I so happily fit in to). A farmers market in the center square of Lake Oswego... wow, and I thought I had seen it all! On a positive note, I did see the hardwood floors I want mom to get in the new house!

Saturday, Nick and I took a brief road trip to the Sandy River. We walked down the river for a couple miles and basically wondered around, enjoying the sun! I think it was about 80 degrees or so and I got a bit of a sunburn. Saturday night I went to Kelsey's to prefunk before a night on the town... Some interesting individuals were over (not my crowd), so Mark, Kevin and I went back to my place to have a few beers. We ended up going out to a bar on the East side and we stayed out until about 2am. Fun times for Matt!

Sunday, Mark and I woke up and played golf at a po-dunk golf course in Hillsboro. Hey, 10 bucks for 9 holes and 9 bucks for a golf cart... money well spent! At least I put sunscreen on this time, unfortunately I forgot the top of my head... so it is a bit red! After golf, I came home and made some dinner and headed over to Richards to enjoy the rest of the sunshine. We swam in their pool for about 3 hours, finding ENDLESS entertainment with a giant Yoga ball. Who would have thought that you could make so many stupid games with a diving board and a Yoga ball? I am happy to report that NO Yoga balls were hurt in this exercise, although Mark got massive cramps... we aren't sure why :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home