Once again, another member of the Updenkelder family decides to jump on the "Blog-waggon". This blog was SUPPOSED to be more of a "photo-journalistic" approach to blogging, since I am very addicted to my Canon DSLR. However, it hasnt seen much use in recent months. Thanks for tuning in! :)

Monday, December 12, 2005

Ahh the joys of a season pass!

So I have managed to get up to Mt. Hood EVERY weekend since the season opened in November. The past few times have been GREAT snow, and mediocre weather. In fact, last weekend was the best powder day i've ever had the pleasure to ski. We had something like 21" of fresh snow that day, and the snow continued to fall at a rate of 1" an hour.

So this weekend was quite the opposite... The snow wasn't great, but the sun was shining and there were minimal clouds in the ski. I went up with my 2 roommates, and one of Eric's friends (Kyle). We had a great day! They finally opened Heather Canyon, so we spent most of our time bouncing back and forth between the terrain park, and Heather. This is a picture from the bottom of Heather looking back up to where we hiked in to. This terrain is unlike anything I have ever boarded, and I now understand why Mt. Hood Meadows is rated as one of the top ski resorts in the Northwest. Sure, Bachelor has more runs... but nowhere near the double blacks :)

On a side note... I managed to capture a couple really good shots of Kyle and Eric hitting a kicker in the terrain park. I really think this one could be magazine material. Can someone say "Volkl Commercial"? :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see the finished Christmas Tree now :) Put up some pics!
Katy

5:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home