Once again, another member of the Updenkelder family decides to jump on the "Blog-waggon". This blog was SUPPOSED to be more of a "photo-journalistic" approach to blogging, since I am very addicted to my Canon DSLR. However, it hasnt seen much use in recent months. Thanks for tuning in! :)

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Stoneworks

Ouch!!!

So last night Jess came up from Corvallis and we went to an indoor rock gym in Beaverton...( http://www.belay.com ) my brief lesson on Belay techniques, it was on to the wall. Every time I rock climb, I remember why I don't do it more often... I was DEAD after the first climb. My forearms ached, my calves were on fire, my hands felt like they went through a meat grinder and worst of all, I was only half way up the wall! After my pride had been shattered, Jess hopped on the wall and scurried up the route like following the yellow brick road. Again... another HUGE ego boost... ok maybe not...

Ohh well! We had fun and watched a couple guys do an upside-down lead climb. It was pretty impressive! Much respect for the people who can do this everyday and not feel worthless the next day. I can barely hold up my "Grande Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino Light - Blended Coffee". Yes, for those of you who don't speak Starbucks... this is a tasty caffeinated frozen smoothie of goodness! Thinking of you Eric! We need to hit up Starbucks soon! It was much easier when I was unemployed :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen brother, definitely miss the Starbucks runs. You just need to be a little taller and rock climbing becomes a snap:)

4:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home