Once again, another member of the Updenkelder family decides to jump on the "Blog-waggon". This blog was SUPPOSED to be more of a "photo-journalistic" approach to blogging, since I am very addicted to my Canon DSLR. However, it hasnt seen much use in recent months. Thanks for tuning in! :)

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sunday on the water!

So today was another one for the record books! Waking up around 11am after a long night of poker I did some laundry and cleaned up the house. Around 3pm, Mark came over and we headed down to the docks to go SAILING! That's right.... even though I grew up on the ocean, I have never been on a sailboat. Sandy had invited Phil, Mark and I to go out on the boat one last time before she moved to NY. HAVE FUN SANDY!!

I had no idea what I was in for... until I was greeted by this bad boy! A 34' Catamaran was our transportation up the Columbia! Once we were out of the harbor, the sails came up and we were off! I took ALOT of pictures and I'll add them to my website later this evening! I have so much to say about today... I don't even know where to start!



Here is Mark jumping off the back of the boat before everything was ready to go! We spent an hour or so swimming around before we left the harbor. I have a few more on my website (actually I took a lot of pictures). I will keep this sort of short and let the pictures speak for themselves... but I had a GREAT time!











I even got to drive!

By request... I am adding the "sandle" story...

So once we got out by the airport, we "came about" and a sudden burst of wind gave us a bit of a jolt! My sandle and my hat FLEW off the boat, never to be seen again. Of course it was ALL Mark's fault becuase he and Sandy were at the front of the boat lounging, and Phil and I were actually sailing... I mean seriously Mark... you could have at least told me soon enough to jump in after them! I will post a funny picture when I get home of me holding my one lone sandle...

I love my friends :)

Link to more pics: http://www.bridgecitystudios.com/gallery/732529

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home