Once again, another member of the Updenkelder family decides to jump on the "Blog-waggon". This blog was SUPPOSED to be more of a "photo-journalistic" approach to blogging, since I am very addicted to my Canon DSLR. However, it hasnt seen much use in recent months. Thanks for tuning in! :)

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Totally Tubular!

So Saturday I made my way down to Corvallis for Chris Allen's bachelor party. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay for the whole thing.. but we will get to that. The first activity planned was a float down the Willamette River in tubes! I offered up the Jeep to transfer the tubes to the water. We put in at Willamette Park and took out across the river from Michaels Landing at the OSU crew docks. We had about 7 people and a case of beer between us. Everything was going well until we heard a loud roar approaching. Well it turns out the Corvallis Sheriff Patrol has two brand new wave-runners that they use to patrol the river. Luckily they were just checking to see where we were pulling out, and they went on their merry way. Still, kinda scary...

After the float, the boys went to Eugene and I returned back to Portland for Sandy's going away party. Once I got back to Portland, I met up with everyone at Sandy's and we hopped in the pool to escape the heat. After the pool, everyone came downtown to my place and we had a 7-person Poker game. I ended up winning 35 bucks!! Although, we played another game and I lost 5 bucks... so 30 bucks up on the day... Not too bad for a Saturday :)

1 Comments:

Blogger MomUp said...

Love those tube colors

2:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home